вторник, 7 июля 2015 г.

How To Create Messy Curls - Money Can Buy Lipstick

How To Create Messy Curls - Money Can Buy Lipstick
How To Create Messy Curls - Money Can Buy Lipstick

Messy Curls Hair Tutorial, Messy Curls, Effortless Curls

I have always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. Growing up, it was thick, curly, and completely unruly. I would do anything in my power to keep it straight and as flat as could be. Fast forward to today, my hair is still thick and unruly, but I am obsessed with volume. I still strive for shiny, smooth hair, but now I also prefer loads of volume and texture. Today, I’m going to be sharing how I achieve effortless, messy curls.


For this messy curls tutorial, I will be using my favorite curling iron, the T3 Twirl Convertible Curling Iron. I have tried many curling irons over the years, and this one definitely takes the cake. It heats up insanely fast, the barrels are interchangeable, and it leaves you with smooth, shiny curls. I have naturally frizzy hair, and even if I curl my hair in it’s frizziest state, this curling iron smooths everything out.


Step 1: Separate your hair into sections. I typically just separate it into two sections. When I want perfect curls, I typically separate my hair more, but since this look is meant to be more effortless, I stick with separating the top and bottom.


Step 2: I begin by curling the first section. I curl my hair both towards my face and away from it. Like I said, this is a messy, textured look, so curling it in different directions works best. I curl each piece pretty tightly, but don’t worry we’ll be messing them up later.


Hair Tutorial, Curling Iron Hair Tutorial, Messy Curls Hair Tutorial, How To Curl Your Hair

Step 3: I spray the curls with the OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray. You guys, I am in love with this hairspray. Honestly, I’m in love with every OUAI product I have tried so far. The scent is wonderful, and it adds texture and volume to the look. It’s a more lightweight hairspray which I actually prefer. I can’t stand sticky, stiff hair, so this one by OUAI is perfection.


Step 4: Take out the elastic or clip separating the two sections, and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the second section of hair.


Step 5: Once I have curled all of my hair, it’s time to mess it up! I run my fingers through my hair to pull apart the curls and loosen them. You can use a comb, but your fingers work just fine!


Hair Tutorial, Curling Iron Hair Tutorial, Messy Curls Hair Tutorial, How To Curl Your Hair

Step 6: Add product. When I’m in between washes, and looking for some more texture, I always turn to the DRYBAR Triple Sec. I seriously couldn’t live without this stuff. It takes dry shampoo to a whole new level. It adds volume, texture, and absorbs unwanted oil. And the smell, oh my god. Whenever I use it, people always ask me what perfume I’m wearing, and I have to awkwardly respond with, “it’s dry shampoo”. It’s a life-changing product that I recommend to everyone I know. Buy a bottle, you won’t regret it.


Hair Tutorial, Curling Iron Hair Tutorial, Messy Curls Hair Tutorial, How To Curl Your Hair

And that’s it! It’s pretty simple, right? Since it’s meant to look effortless and messy, you don’t have to worry about perfecting each step. It’s also really easy to touch up if you need to. The T3 Twirl Convertible is amazing because it can help create a messy look like this, as well as other, more polished looks.


tutorial-25

messy-curls-tutorial-01

I’m excited to announce that I will be creating a ton more hair content in collaboration with my hairstylist, and super awesome cousin, Ali! You guys, she is beyond talented, and seriously knows her stuff. We’re going to be working on different tutorials to share here with you, and she will also be sharing all of her haircare wisdom and favorite products. In the meantime, you check out her amazing work on Instagram and Facebook!


What kind of hair tutorials do you want to see next? xo


To keep up with the latest Money Can Buy Lipstick posts and news, sign up for the newsletter here!


Thank you to T3 for gifting the curling iron.


Original article and pictures take http://moneycanbuylipstick.com/2016/10/create-messy-curls.html site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий