пятница, 11 ноября 2016 г.

You're Filling In Your Eyebrows All Wrong

You're Filling In Your Eyebrows All Wrong
You're Filling In Your Eyebrows All Wrong


If you've ever found yourself frantically Googling "how to fill in eyebrows," then we have something in common. My sad, scrawny eyebrows just don't grow. (Like many teenagers of the '90s, I was an overzealous tweezer.) But bold eyebrows have been the trend for a while now; so about six months ago, I followed an eyebrow tutorial and started aggressively filling in my brows. I loved the result. Then, one day, my best friend looked at me and said, "Your eyebrow pencil is really obvious."


What? I resisted the urge to slap her in the face -- as well as the one to cry -- and defended my brow work. After all, I was using a pricey pencil, and a makeup artist had approved the color.


Fast-forward a few weeks. I had a meeting with brow expert Zoey Van Jones, and I couldn't wait to see what she thought of my brow penciling technique.


"They look pretty good," she said (just being polite, I now realize). Then, she grabbed a spoolie brush, erased the pencil and powdered in my brows with a few quick strokes. My eyebrows -- my whole face, even -- were instantly transformed. They looked thicker, more symmetrical and -- best of all -- completely natural.


So if your best friend has ever informed you that your eyebrow game needs improvement, let these eyebrow tutorial be your guide. Here, how to fill in eyebrows correctly. Try it -- I guarantee you'll notice a big difference.


Image Source


SEE NEXT PAGE: Eyebrow Tip No. 1: Pencil vs. Powder


Eyebrow Tip No. 1: Pencil vs. Powder

Before learning how to shape eyebrows the right way, you need the appropriate tools. Van Jones recommends using two shades of brow powder, such as Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo, $23. (More on why you need two shades later.) Benefit Brow Zings, $32, and Urban Decay Brow Box, $30, are other great options.


Van Jones prefers powder because the result is softer. But if you're married to pencil for doing your brows, she suggests looking for one that's powdery -- not waxy. She likes M.A.C. Eye Brows, $16, and Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil, $24. If your brows lack structure, you can start with the pencil and use powder on top of it, she says.


SEE NEXT PAGE: Eyebrow Tip No. 2: How to Choose the Right Color


Original article and pictures take http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/slideshows/how-to-fill-in-eyebrows-140319 site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий