вторник, 7 апреля 2015 г.

Fresh Lavender Sachet Made From a Vintage Doily ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline

Fresh Lavender Sachet Made From a Vintage Doily ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline
Fresh Lavender Sachet Made From a Vintage Doily ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline

Lavender-sachet-vintage-doily cupcakes-and-crinoline

Lavender Sachet Made from a Vintage Doily


One of my loves is vintage linens and lavender. When I was growing up my Grandma’s drawers always smelled fresh and wonderful. I’m not sure if she used sachets but I seem to remember little paper packages in each drawer that I believe contained a scented powder of some sort. Grandma also had drawers and drawers of linens. I think that must have been when I first was drawn to linens and fresh aromas….who knows!


Lavender-sachet-vintage-doily cupcakes-and-crinoline 2

In any case if you are looking for a small tuck-in gift for your Mom for Mother’s Day this takes only minutes to make and no sewing is required. I like that there is no sewing because I can’t bring myself to cut up or alter vintage linens in any way {unless, of course, they’re full of holes and it’s a salvage procedure}.


Supplies:


Vintage doily ~ round in shape with a tatted edge


thin ribbon


fresh lavender


lavender essential oil if desired but keep in mind that this may leave a stain on the doily


1. Iron your doily but do not starch ~ you want it to be smooth but not crisp.


drawstring-pouch-vintage-doily-lavender-sachet

2. Run your ribbon through the tatting at the bottom-most openings that butt up to the fabric center of your doily.


Vintage Doily Lavender Sachet 4

3. Inset fresh lavender into the center of the doily. If using essential oil add a few drops to the center of your lavender.


4. Draw up your edges and pull the ribbon snugly and tie into a bow.


Lavender-sachet-vintage-doily cupcakes-and-crinoline 3

You can add a fresh lavender plant to your gift package so that Mom can enjoy fresh lavender throughout the summer.


This would be a perfect gift for Mom ~ they love homemade gifts from their kids no matter how old their kids may be!


I’ve joined a few of my blog friends for a Mother’s Day Blog Hop ~ be sure to check out their homemade goodies for some more Mother’s Day gift ideas ~ if you put all of our ideas together you’ll have a wonderful gift package for Mom.


10325303_10203754633534976_6708786101982522283_n

Print Friendly


Original article and pictures take http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2014/05/02/fresh-lavender-sachet-made-vintage-doily/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий