четверг, 15 января 2015 г.

DIY Leather Dangle Drop Earrings - Inspired by Joanna Gaines ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline

DIY Leather Dangle Drop Earrings - Inspired by Joanna Gaines ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline
DIY Leather Dangle Drop Earrings - Inspired by Joanna Gaines ⋆ Cupcakes and Crinoline

DIY black leather dangle drop earrings inspired by Joanna Gaines - www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

I like leather accessories as well. I don’t buy any but I have made some. My sister used to work for a company that used leather for products they made and they would throw out the leather scraps. One day, she brought some over for my youngest son to take to art camp. What they didn’t use at camp I kept.


DIY leather feather earrings

It’s what I used to make these white leather feather earrings a few years ago and I used them to add loops to some color-coded cleaning towels….one must have color coded towels, right?


Leather scraps and jewelry findings to make leather dangle drop earrings. www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

A few weeks ago I saw Joanna Gaines sporting some very cool (of course…she is Joanna Gaines) leather earrings. I grabbed some black leather out of my stash and got to crafting a copy.


Supplies:


but I’ve also seen them at Pat Catan’s and you can probably find them at other craft stores. You could probably even go to the thrift store and pick up an old purse, coat, belts, etc. and try that.


Jump Rings – 4


Fish Hook Earrings – 2


Sharp scissors



Cut two pieces of leather 1 3/4 inches long by 3/4 inches wide.


Use nail set to make hold for earring jump rings - www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

Use the nail set to make a hole near the top of each cut leather piece. Depending on how thick your leather is you may need to use a hammer and tap the nail set to make a clean hole. In either case you’ll want to place the leather on a hard surface (such as a piece of scrap wood) before making the hole.


Black leather dangle drop earrings inspired by Joanna Gaines - www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

Insert a jump ring, then another jump ring and then the fish hook earring wires into each leather scrap using the jewelry pliers to get a snug close on the rings.


Black leather dangle drop earrings inspired by Joanna Gaines - www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

These feel so nice, not heavy at all, and are easy to wear even with no makeup in a t-shirt while vacuuming and then deciding to take a selfie


Black leather dangle drop earrings inspired by Joanna Gaines - creating with www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

You can make these longer and a bit wider – I might do that with my next pair.


DIY leather earrings and white feather earrings dipped in gold and black leather dangle drop earrings. Get the tutorial at www.cupcakesandcrinoline.com

So what do you think? If you decide to make some for yourself I would love to see them!


P.S. I’ll be sharing the easy tutorial for this Farmhouse Style Jewelry Organizer in a few days – I hope you come back then!


Print Friendly


Original article and pictures take http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2016/09/28/diy-leather-dangle-drop-earrings-inspired-by-joanna-gaines/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий